Community Rules & Etiquette and Privacy Guidelines
Thank you for being part of the ArMA Physician Connect Community. To ensure the best possible experience for all members, we have established some basic guidelines for participation.
By joining and using this community, you agree that you have read and will follow these rules and guidelines. You also agree to reserve discussions and shared files and content to that best suited to the medium. This is a great medium with which to solicit the advice of your peers, benefit from their experience, and participate in an ongoing conversation. Questions should be directed to our member services department via the Contact Us link on this site.
ArMA reserves the right to modify or update these Terms at any time and from time to time, for any reason or no reason and with or without notice to you. These terms govern your use of, access to, and participation in any part of the ArMA Physician Connect. Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important guidelines. If you have questions, contact the communications department. In order to preserve an environment that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate membership in this community for anyone who violate these rules.
Code of Conduct
- All members will behave responsibly and respectfully towards all members of the APC Communities, respecting their values and viewpoints as well as their rights and feelings.
- While discussion is encouraged, argument is not; continually making the point or "trolling" to provoke a response is improper and will be removed.
- Understand that the site is not intended to be used as a marketing tool to promote industry products or services. Unsolicited or repeated posts which promote products or services will be removed.
- I acknowledge that individuals who listed in the directories have not consented to the use of their contact information for solicitation or spam. Contact information may not, in whole or in part, be reproduced; copied; disseminated; entered into a computer database; or used as part of or in connection with the preparation, revision or confirmation of a mailing, telephone, fax, email, or other marketing list.
- I understand that information posted within the APC Communities and group email by individual users are the responsibility of the individual(s) posting such information.
- All members are encouraged to share their views and opinions via the online community. Multiple responses from the same individual that continually make the same point are not considered productive to the conversation. If additional dialogue is warranted, members are encouraged to "reply privately".
- Respect others. Focus on the content of posts and not on the people making them. Please extend the benefit of the doubt to newer guests and members; there’s no such thing as a stupid question.
- Remember that the discussions and comments are intended to be used for informational and reference purposes only, and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health issue, conditions, or disease; or as a recommendation for a specific procedure, treatment plan, or course of actions. Always exercise your independent clinical judgment as a healthcare professional. Before you act on any information you've found on the APC Communities, you should independently confirm any facts that are important to your decision.
- Respect the purpose of the community. Use the community to share successes, challenges, constructive feedback, questions, and goals instead of products or services that you provide. If you’ve found a product or service helpful, please share your experience with the group in a respectful way.
- Do not post commercial messages in discussion forums that promote any product, event, or service. Contact the Communities Administrator if you have any specific question or if there is an event or other service that you believe would be of benefit to the greater APC Community. Remember, Communities are for discussion, networking and collaboration, generally promotions or announcements do not serve those goals.
- Disclose relevant conflicts of interest relevant to the particular post. In your discussion posts be sure to reveal any relevant conflicts of interest relating to the subject matter of the thread.
- Do not use discussion threads to disseminate surveys for any purpose. The Community is intended to be a venue for collaboration, networking and discussion, surveys are not conducive to achieving those goals and are strictly prohibited.
- Do not use discussion groups to campaign for any ArMA office or endorse specific candidates for office.
- Do not compose posts that contain personal details or private information about any other person, any confidential information, or any information that would infringe upon the proprietary, privacy, or personal rights of others. The Community is not intended to be a place for the exchange of any information or data that would be regulated by the federal Health Insurance and Portability Act of 1996 and its implementing regulations.
- Use caution when discussing products. Information posted on the discussion groups and in the libraries is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- All argumentative, defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Respect intellectual property. Post content that you have personally created or have permission to use and have properly attributed to the content creator.
- When posting items in our collaborative environment, please indicate if the item is not available for reuse. It’s also advisable to contact the owner of any material if you would like to reuse it.
- Post your message or documents only to the most appropriate communities. This helps ensure all messages receive the best response by eliminating "noise."
ArMA understands that people make mistakes. However, ArMA in its sole discretion may take any enforcement action that it deems appropriate.
ArMA reserves the right at its sole discretion to remove or reject any message or close any discussion for violation of these terms and conditions. Egregious violations, such as posting defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal material, may result in immediate suspension or termination of a user's ArMA Physician Connect account.
Discussion Group Etiquette
The Legal Stuff
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Include a signature tag on all messages. Include your name, affiliation, and location.
- Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals, not to the entire list. Do this by using the "Reply to Sender" link in every message.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as “remove me from the list,” to the group. Instead, use the web interface to change your settings or to remove yourself from a list. If you are changing email addresses, you do not need to remove yourself from the list and rejoin under your new email address. Simply change your settings.
This site is provided as a service for the members of ArMA Physician Connect. ArMA Physician Connect is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. We disclaim all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by ArMA Physician Connect or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall ArMA Physician Connect be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants ArMA Physician Connect and users of this site the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
ArMA Physician Connect does not actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to the attention of ArMA Physician Connect we will take all appropriate action.
ArMA Physician Connect reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.
Any personal information you provide to us including and similar to your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address will not be released, sold, or rented to any entities or individuals outside of our organization except as noted below.
With Whom Do We Share the Personal Information We Collect Through This Site:
Our Service Providers
We may share your personal information with companies (including our affiliates) that perform services on our behalf, for example, companies that help process credit card payments. Our service providers are required by contract to protect the confidentiality of the personal information we share with them and to use it only to provide specific services on our behalf.
Government and Legal Disclosures
We may disclose the personal information we collect through this Site, when we, in good faith, believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law (or a court order or subpoena); to prevent or investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft; to enforce our Terms and Conditions or other agreements that govern your use of this Site; or to protect the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, or others.
Remember The Risks Whenever You Use The Internet
While we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us and you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any passwords or other account information. In addition other Internet sites or services that may be accessible through our site have separate data and privacy practices independent of us, and therefore we disclaim any responsibility or liability for their policies or actions. Please contact those vendors and others directly if you have any questions about their privacy policies. For any other information please contact us using the Contact Us